Rural development policy seeks to establish a coherent and sustainable framework for the future of rural areas. There is a three main objectives of rural development:
- To create a stronger agricultural and forestry sector, the latter recognised for the first time as an integral part of the rural development policy;
- To improve the competitiveness of rural areas;
- To maintain the environment and preserve rural heritage.
Green Network of Vojvodina supports local communities, civil society, to business and individuals in sustainable and rural development:
- Educates and help communities in building public spaces – GNV is licensed for program for revitalization of public spaces by Project for Public Spaces from New York, USA (Placemaking)
- Promotes and leads programs for establishing greenways – GNV coordinated with project for development Ggreenways „Via Pacis Pannoniae“ between cities Sombor, Serbia and Osijek, Croatia; and „Pannonian White Stork Greenway“ next to the Tamis river
- Educates for rural development and sustainable production and consumption